December 20, 2023
My name is KC Smallwood and I am a 53 year old wife and mother of three. I’ve been a pretty good girl this year so I thought I’d take the time to share a few things I want for myself and my family.
- Good health. There is no substitute for good health.
- A 1957, candy-apple red, Ford Thunderbird.
- Patience. We are all Santa, waiting on/longing for/dreaming of or even dreading of the next stage of our lives. For some it’s an empty-nest, for another love and marriage. All I’m asking is that we patiently wait on God’s timing.
- A total kitchen/living room/garage makeover.
- Contentment. I’m not asking for lotto winnings or trouble-free days here. The reality is that we can’t appreciate what we have unless we’ve worked for it and trouble teaches us faith. But contentment is the gift of knowing that even in troubling times, God will take care of us.
- A cozy, 4-bedroom cabin in the New Mexico mountains.
- Awareness. Sometimes we get so busy in our everyday lives that we forget to pay attention. Just a send a gentle reminder now and again Santa that life is happening now- that these ordinary, mundane moments are flying by without our participation and that someday soon they won’t feel so ordinary.
- The time and resources to travel.
- Wisdom. Then again the ultimate wisdom is trusting God and maybe I’ve already asked for that?
- Hair that doesn’t always need cutting/coloring/fixing. And no, I’m not asking for a wig- it’s 2023 for heaven’s sake! Hasn’t somebody figured this out yet!?