The symptoms of hyperthyroidism are as follows:
- Sudden weight loss, even when your appetite and the amount and type of food you eat remain the same or even increase
- Rapid heartbeat (tachycardia) — commonly more than 100 beats a minute — irregular heartbeat (arrhythmia) or pounding of your heart (palpitations)
- Increased appetite
- Nervousness, anxiety and irritability
- Tremor — usually a fine trembling in your hands and fingers
- Changes in menstrual patterns
- Increased sensitivity to heat
- Fatigue, muscle weakness
- Difficulty sleeping
- Skin thinning
- Fine, brittle hair
I have them all today, plus a couple more that are just too TMI to share with the internets.
I took the radioactive iodine test last week, but I haven’t heard from the doctor yet. I did not glow. In fact I’m beginning to look a little ‘peaked’ and ‘sickly’ according to those loving people who like to comment on my appearance.
I just want to go back to bed.
And then cry.
And then scream at someone.
And then cry some more.
Please pray for my family!